Repiping your home is a major undertaking. Before starting, make sure you have the right contractor in place. Trust the work to A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. Call for service in the Southern Illinois area. Call any time of day or any day of the week - we answer calls 24/7!
Large blockages can cause water pressure to build up and lead toburst pipes! With our team's expertise, we can help you prevent major damage in your home.
Signs You Need Repiping Services
Repiping your home can be a major project, but it can be necessary if your current system is failing. The following signs can indicate your piping system needs to be replaced.
- You’re experiencing continuous repair issues with your current system.
- The water in your home is an unusual color or taste.
- You noticed decreased water pressure.
- Your system is aging.
- You notice leaks coming from the system.
- There is corrosion in the existing system due to limescale.
- There is damage to the system due to extremely cold weather.
Benefits of Copper Pipes
When repiping your home, you have several options for what type of pipes to install. One type is copper pipes. These are typically used for water supply lines and refrigerant lines in heating and cooling systems, Some of the advantages to using copper pipes include::
- They can be used for hot and cold freshwater lines.
- They can be used for drain-waste-vent lines
- They are allowed by most plumbing codes in the country.
- They resist corrosion and last a long time.
- They hold up better than other types of pipes in cold weather.
- They can be installed without the use of hazardous chemicals.
- They’re lightweight and recyclable.
Leaking pipes can lead to electrical shortages! Don't put your family at risk and schedule with us for a water leak detectionservice.
Advantages of PEX Pipes
When installing new pipes, one option is PEX. This tubing is a cross-linked polyethylene pipe that’s manufactured using an extrusion method. These pipes can be selected over copper and CPVC piping because:
- They are more environmentally friendly than other plastic pipes.
- They can be recycled.
- They require fewer fittings and are less likely to leak.
- They are extremely flexible and easy to install.
- They are highly durable.
- They are more cost-effective than other types.