We are A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc., a family-owned company that has spread through Southern Illinois neighborhood by neighborhood. We take care of all things plumbing in De Soto, day or night.
- Leak Detection
- Copper Repiping
- New Drains Installation
- Garbage Disposals
- Hydro Water Jetting
- Water, Sewer, Gas Line Repair/Replacement/Installation
- Pool, BBQ, and Landscape Gas Piping
See why your Southern Illinois neighbors choose us every time! Read what they have to say about our service on ourreviewspage.
Professional Sewer Line Inspection & Repair
Sewer line issues should be taken seriously as they can cause plumbing emergencies like a sewage backup. Some causes of sewer line issues can include drain clogs, corrosive soil, cracks, collapsed lines, tree roots, septic tank issues, or human error during a construction project.
Because the problems can range so greatly, it’s important to have professionals inspect the sewer line and recommend the best course of action. Some methods professionals might use to repair the issue can include:
- Video camera: Professionals might use technology such as video cameras to inspect the sewer line and locate the problem.
- Auger: A special tool called an auger can be used to remove tough clogs that are higher up in the sewer line. This tool consists of a hollow tube attached to an elbow fitting that’s covered by a rubber sleeve. The auger has a flexible cable that is fed through the sewer line with a hand crank. The head of the cable will dislodge the clog.
- Hydrojetting: Hydrojetting uses water pressure to remove blockage -- can also be used to clear out more serious clogs.
- Epoxy: If there is a minor crack in the sewer line, a professional may be able to apply epoxy to fix the problem.
- Pipe replacement: If the sewer line has suffered a more serious crack, the damaged section of the pipe might need to be exposed and replaced.
If you’re experiencing a sewer backup, burst pipe, gas leak, or any other plumbing emergency, call A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. We’re your trusted 24-hour plumbing repair company ready to help when you need us most!
Why Is Everybody Talking About Tankless Water Heaters?
They are pretty cool, that’s why. Here is how they work along with some pros and cons. Tankless water heaters are more efficient and cost-effective in the long run because they use less energy and take up less space. On-demand water heaters heat water instantly instead of continually keeping an entire tank of water warm that you may or may not use.
Contact usanytime! We are available around the clock and are ready to get the job right the first time around.
What Are Some Signs I Need My Drains Cleaned?
Slow drains are tell-tale signs of problems, meaning that you could have the early stages of a clog, narrowed pipes due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
If you find yourself having to clean out hair and other substances from your drain frequently, chances are you’re not succeeding in removing the entire clog each time. In any case where a clog returns after you’ve attempted to clear it yourself, you need to hire an expert. Reoccurring clogs can travel deeper into your piping system and become a major issue.
If multiple drains are clogged at one time, this could indicate a severe blockage deep within your mainline. A bad smell coming from your pipes could either mean that food is trapped inside your drain or there is a major issue with your sewer line.
Finally, one of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If you notice evidence of flooding in your basement and/or near a floor drain it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.