Having a clogged toilet can be an annoyance for your household at best, and a plumbing emergency at worst. When you have a blockage, don’t delay before calling for professional help. Contact A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for service in the Southern Illinois area. When you need help, we’re there. We answer every call, 24/7.
We proudly serve Southern Illinois with professionalbathroom remodelingservices. Call us for transparent recommendations and upfront pricing today!
5 Ways to Avoid a Clogged Toilet
While clogged toilets are annoying, they are luckily also avoidable. Use these tips to prevent getting a clogged toilet:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Avoid putting large wads of toilet paper into the bowl.
- Don’t flush paper towels.
- Don’t put beauty products like Q-Tips or other hygienic products into the toilet.
- Avoid flushing hair trimmings and nail clippings.
To avoid mistakenly placing the wrong items in the toilet, keep a waste basket near the toilet for easy disposal.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Toilet
It can be difficult to determine when you should repair your toilet versus replacing it with a new model. Some signs that can indicate you should replace it include:
- Age: If you have an older toilet that requires repairs, it can be more cost-effective to replace the unit rather than buy new parts.
- Cracks: Cracks in a toilet can lead to serious water damage. If this occurs, the unit should be replaced.
- Constant clogs: Older toilets have designs that can lead to frequent clogs. If this is happening with your unit, you should consider replacing it with a newer model.
- Wear and tear: Over time, toilets will show scratches from wear and tear. If this occurs, it can be beneficial to install a new one.
- High utility bills: Older toilets tend to use more water than newer models, resulting in higher utility bills.
Hidden water leaks are a result of aging pipes and cracks in your plumbing system. Give us a call for awater leak detectionservice in your area today!
Why Clogged Toilets Are a Plumbing Emergency
It might not seem like it, but clogged toilets are considered plumbing emergencies. Backups can cause severe property damage, and an overflow of sewage can lead to health issues. Because of this, these blockages should be treated by a trained professional. The plumber will resolve the issue using methods that can include augers and hydro jetting.