When you see signs of water damage in or near your home or building, or if you notice water pooling up around your property, don’t delay before hiring a professional to inspect the issue. Water leaks can cause extensive damage to your property -- and quickly. That’s why at A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc., we answer all calls, 24/7. Call our expert team for service in the Southern Illinois area.
When a pipe bursts, take action quickly! Learn about ourfrozen and burst pipesolutions and call us for honest recommendations.
Causes of Hidden Water Leaks
Hidden water leaks can cause extensive damage to your home. The longer they are left untreated, the more harm they can do. To be alert for potential leaks, make sure you know what can cause these issues. Some causes can include:
- Aging pipes
- Freezing pipes
- Poorly installed pipes
- Tree roots
- Cracks in your system
- Other major obstructions that can cause damage to your pipe lines if not removed
If you suspect a water leak, call A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for professional water leak detection.
Risks of Leaking Pipes
Leaking pipes can do more than create a mess for you to clean up. They can cause severe damage that can impact your home, property and even your health. Some of the risks include:
- Flooding in your home and surrounding property.
- Severe property damage to the inside and outside of the building.
- Health hazards caused by a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your piping system.
- Electrical shortages that could put you and your family at risk.
- Higher water bills.
Leave your repiping needs to Southern Illinois's trusted expert! Learn about our reliablerepipingsolutions before giving us a call.
How to Avoid Leaks
To avoid having to deal with the mess leaking pipes can create, you can prevent leaks by following these steps:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a professional.
- Have an expert replace your deteriorating or damaged system.
- Insulate pipes during colder weather to avoid freezing.
- Have your drains cleaned regularly by a professional.
- Avoid putting harmful materials down your drains.
- Be aware of where your pipes run underground and avoid planning major construction projects near them.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.