Slow draining sinks can be bothersome and stinky. From clogs to stuck food, blocked drains can be a nuisance for your household to deal with. Get help at the first signs of a clog. Call A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for service in the Southern Illinois area.
Do you suspect you have a leak in your home or on your property? Schedule with us for your nextwater leak detection service. We'll inspect your home and provide transparent recommendations.
Signs That Indicate You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Are you showering in standing water? Is there a strong smell coming from your kitchen sink? Is your bathroom sink slow to drain? These can all be indications that you need professional drain cleaning services. Other signs can include:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you need professional services to completely remove the blockage.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your mainline.
- Foul odor: Odors coming from your drains can indicate food trapped inside the drain or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog. It could mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.
When a plumbing, heating or cooling emergency strikes, don’t delay before getting help. Learn about ouraround the clock emergencysolutions!
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning Services
Having your drains professionally cleaned can have many benefits. Some of the advantages include:
- Clear stubborn clogs that you are not able to remove yourself.
- Remove the blockage to eliminate slow drains.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by having a plumber inspect your pipes regularly.
- Reduce odors by removing the clogs.
- Catch other plumbing issues that might be impacting your drains.
Ways to Avoid Clogged Pipes
The best way to treat a clogged pipe is to avoid having a blockage in the first place! Some ways to avoid clogs include:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal, first scrape food into the trash.
- Never put grease down the drain. First pour it into a container to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- Install a screen over the bathroom drains to collect hair before it goes down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.