Plumbing needs can vary from being exciting like when remodeling a bathroom or installing new kitchen appliances, to annoying when you need an emergency repair. No matter the issue, our contractors at A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. can handle it all. Call to schedule services in the Southern Illinois area. We answer our phone every time you call - 24/7.
- Emergency Plumbing Repair
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Line Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Hydro Jetting
- Sewer Line Services
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing & Certification
- Sump Pump Services
- Commercial Plumbing
When a pipe bursts at your property you need help, ASAP! Learn about ourburst pipe repairsolutions.
Signs That Indicate Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
Unfortunately, your sewer line is likely an element of your property that you don’t think about -- until you have to. A malfunctioning sewer line can wreak havoc on your home, so it’s crucial to spot issues early. Look for these signs to determine if your system needs repairs.
- Your drains are slow to empty, or don’t empty at all.
- You notice multiple drains are clogged at one time.
- There is a strong smell of sewage in or around your property.
- You hear bubbling sounds when you use the sink or flush the toilet.
- There is standing water around the sewer line.
- There is water backing up out of your tubs, toilets, and sinks.
When You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Removing clogs from your own drains can cause more damage than good. When trying to remove a block, you might not successfully remove all of it. And if you think dumping over-the-counter solution down the pipes will help, think again! Those solutions can wreck your pipes. Instead, when you notice these symptoms, call a professional plumbing company to clean your drains.
- Slow drains: Slow drains can indicate the early signs of a clog. It can also be a sign of narrowed pipes due to mineral or grease buildup.
- Recurring clogs: If you are frequently removing blockages from hair and other substances, you should call an expert to clean your drains.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: If you have several drains that are clogged at the same time, it can indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Foul odors coming from your drains can signal food trapped inside your drain or an issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: A sewage backup can be one of the worst issues associated with clogged drains. If you notice flooding in your basement or near a floor drain it can indicate a clog. This should be treated by a professional immediately as it can eventually cause the drain to stop working completely, leading to contaminated water on your floor.
A backed-up toilet is more than an annoyance, it’s also a plumbing emergency! Contact us to learn more about ourclogged toilet repairservice.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
Before you are left with cold water in your household, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate you need to replace your water heater. Some symptoms can include:
- Age: If your unit is getting older, it can be time to replace it.
- Losing efficiency: If your system is losing efficiency, it can be more cost-effective to replace it than repair it.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust on the unit - or in your water - it can indicate it’s time to get a new unit.
- Leaking: Any leaking from the unit should be inspected by a professional to determine if it should be replaced.
- Water is not warm enough: If the system is no longer able to properly heat the water it could be time to install a new unit.
- Cracks: All cracks should be inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or it you need a new unit.