You are finally going to update your 1980s bathroom for a modern design. Great! But while you might be caught up selecting tile and a new paint color, don’t overlook the important plumbing issues. To ensure your pipes are routed correctly and your new tub and sinks are installed properly, call A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. to help with the job. We proudly service the Southern Illinois area.
If you suspect you have a water leak, don’t hesitate before seeking professional help. Call us today to learn about our water leak detection services.
If you hear bubbling sounds when you flush the toilet, it might be a sewer line issue! Don't put your home at risk of serious damage and give us a call for asewer line repairservice.
Plumbing Issues to Consider During a Bathroom Remodel
While thinking about plumbing problems and pipes aren’t the most exciting part of a bathroom remodel, they are necessary. To prevent damage to your bathroom, consider these plumbing issues:
- Pipe rerouting: This is commonly done to correct cracks, fractures or other obstructions.
- Leaks: If a leak is detected, the plumber can determine the best course of action to repair it.
- Slope: The slope of your bathroom should be assessed when considering your remodel.
5 Reasons to Replace Your Toilet
When remodeling your bathroom, you might not want to replace all of your fixtures - including the toilet. But there are some situations where you should consider replacing the unit:
- Age: If your toilet is older and it has had recent issues, it can be more cost-effective to replace it than to buy new parts.
- Cracks: If you have any cracks in your toilet it can be time to replace it as these can cause water damage as they expand.
- Constant clogs: If your toilet is getting clogged frequently, it can be due to an older design. Newer units can be more consistent.
- Wear and tear: If the toilet has visible scratches and wear and tear it can be time to replace it.
- High utility bills: Older toilets use more water than newer models, which can take a toll on your monthly water bills.
When your drains are clogged, don’t try to remove the blockage yourself! Learn about our reliabledrain cleaningsolutions and give us a call.
Signs You Need a New Bathtub
Are you not sure if a new bathtub is part of your bathroom remodel? If your current tub has any of the following, it can be time to replace it:
- Cracks: Cracks can get worse over time and eventually lead to water damage.
- Limescale stains: These can be hard to remove and are unsightly.
- Leaking: Any leaking can cause water damage to your home.
- New look: If your current tub doesn’t fit the new look of your remodeled bathroom you should consider replacing it.