Property owners in Southern Illinois in need of a trusted plumbing contractor rely on A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. Our plumbers have years of experience in the plumbing industry. Whether you need help with drain cleaning or water heaters or anything in between, we have you covered.
We understand that plumbing issues can arise unexpectedly. That is why we’re available 24/7 to accommodate you and keep your home safe. We provide a full range of plumbing services including but not limited to:
- 24-Hour Emergency Plumbing
- Water Heater Repair and Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Sump Pump Services
- Sewer Line Repairs
- Hydro Jetting Services
- Residential and Commercial Plumbing Services
See our customer reviews to learn why we’re one of the most trusted plumbing companies in town!
Need 24-Hour Emergency Plumbing Services?
The highly skilled plumbers at A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to handle any emergency plumbing your residence or commercial establishment may need.
No matter what plumbing issues you are encountering that requires urgent attention, do not hesitate to contact us. We strive to arrive at your property as soon as possible to handle your plumbing needs.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
Experiencing issues with your hot water heater? Not sure if you should repair it or replace it altogether? Here are some signs that it’s time for a replacement:
If your hot water heater is more than 10 to 15 years old, it will start to deteriorate. When the repairs start becoming more frequent and expensive, it may be time to replace it. Again, the more you take care of it, the longer it will last, but most gas and propane water heaters have a maximum life of about 12 years, and electric water heaters have a maximum life of about 15 years.
Loss of efficiency might be another sign that it’s time to replace your hot water heater. This could mean damage to some individual parts, but it could also lead to more damage to the tank down the road. Every time your system heats water, the heat causes the metal tank to expand. If water is heated too frequently, it can lead to a cracked tank, so efficiency is key to extending the life of your water heater.
Other signs that you need to replace your water heater are rust, corrosion, or water becoming discolored. If you start to see any of these signs, call A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for full hot water heater replacement service.
Find out if water heater repair or replacement is the right option for you.Contact ustoday for honest advice!
How to Keep Your Drains Clog-Free
With all the stuff that goes down our drains, it’s no wonder clogged drains are one of the most common household plumbing issues homeowners have to deal with. If you have drains that seem to clog up more and more, here are a few tips to keep them clean.
- After cooking and using the kitchen sink, pour boiling water down the drain to stop the buildup of grease and grime.
- Avoid putting coffee grounds and cooking grease down the drain; put them in the garbage or in your compost pile instead.
- In the bathroom, be careful only to flush toilet paper down the toilet. Don’t flush sanitary napkins or personal wipes even if they say they’re flushable.
- Use a stainless steel mesh filter in the kitchen to stop food debris from going down the drain.
- Call a residential plumbing company to clean your drains at least twice a year to keep the free-flowing and avoid stubborn clogs.