Here at A & W Plumbing & Heating, we take plumbing problems seriously and keep long-lasting customer relationships at the center of our business. Whether you just need to talk to a professional or need help ASAP with a flood in the basement, we provide 24/7 plumbing services for when you need it most. We proudly service Vergennes and all of Southern Illinois.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Tankless Hot Water Heaters
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Drain Cleaning
- Sewer Camera Inspections
- Faucet Repair or Replacement
- Toilet Repair and Replacement
- Leak Detection
- And More!
Get priority scheduling and a 15% discount on selected services when you sign up for ourmaintenance plan. Apply online now!
What Is a Slab Leak and How Does It Happen?
“Slab leak” is a common name for any water leak that happens under the concrete foundation of a building. These are obviously hard to find and can go unnoticed for quite a while. If a slab leak goes unchecked for an extended amount of time, you could expect flooding in your home or your lawn and severe damage to your piping system. Slab leaks are also infamously known to breed mold and mildew, which can contribute to a plethora of health concerns.
Leaks of this sort are usually caused by corrosion from soil chemicals, abrasion from long-term vibration, pressure from human error or shifting ground, construction, or a poorly installed piping system.
What Are Some Typical Water Heater Issues?
Let’s talk about some common problems with water heaters that we see. Nobody thinks about their water heater until something goes wrong...here are some signs to look for if you suspect something is up with your system.
- Lack of hot water: This is super-inconvenient and sometimes spotty to diagnose. If you can tell that your water temperature is not what it should be or even completely cold, either the pilot light (on gas systems) could be burned out, or more generally, the heating element could be damaged.
- Leaking: This is never a good sign. Depending on how bad it is, our professionals will assess whether a replacement would suffice or if you will need an entirely new heater.
- Loud or unusual noise: Don’t ignore it! A heating element could be damaged, which is a potential fire hazard, or sediment could be building up inside the unit, which must be professionally removed.
- Cracks: A cracked water heater may seem harmless at first, but line or tank imperfections can turn into a big problem quickly. Keep an eye out for those.
We offer financing optionsto help you cover your next plumbing or HVAC service! Apply online or give us a call to learn more.
What Is Hydro-Jetting?
Sound like some type of futuristic way to travel? Come on, we are your local plumbers. Really, hydro-jetting is just the latest and greatest way to clean your drains and sewer pipes. Before, when a major clog would need removed, professionals would have to drill a hole in the problematic pipe to remove the debris. This compromised the strength of the pipe and only removed the clog.
Now, with hydro-jetting, a highly pressurized stream of water rids any clogs, build-up or scale on the entire inside of your pipe. This is better for the longevity of your system and a more comprehensive cleaning so you hopefully don’t run into larger issues later on. If a heavy-duty solution isn’t needed, we provide a full range of drain cleaning services to fit your situation.