When winter hits, you need a heating solution you can rely on in your home. Forced air heating systems distribute warmth throughout your Southern Illinois home to keep you comfortable all winter. A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. provides top-notch natural gas or electric forced air heating services. When you work with our HVAC pros, you can trust that all work will be carried out safely and accurately.
When looking for an energy-efficient heating solution, read about our hydronic heating services. Call us for honest recommendations!
What Is Forced Air Heating?
Forced air heating systems warm homes by using a blower fan to draw in air from the house and force it over a heat source - usually a heat exchanger, gas furnace, heating coils or electric furnace. Heat is then distributed throughout the house through air ducts.
Ways to Maintain Your Forced Air Heating Systems
When winter weather hits, you need to ensure your forced air heating system is fully functioning. To make sure your system operates at full capacity in cold temperatures, use these tips to keep it properly maintained:
- Regularly clean the filters, ideally every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance before winter hits and right after the season.
- Inspect the ductwork to look for signs of damage that can prevent hot air from traveling through the vents.
- Check the thermostat to ensure it’s working properly.
Don't postpone your plumbing issues! We offer financing plans and competitive rates to help you cover your next service.
Benefits of Forced Air Systems
There are many options when it comes to selecting a heating solution for your home. While there are pros and cons to all units, there are certain benefits of forced air systems.
- Increased air quality: Regularly changing your furnace filters in this system can result in higher air quality in your home. These units trap allergens and other particles that can impact your breathing or even your health.
- Improved energy efficiency: These systems are required to operate at a higher efficiency level than ever before, ensuring your home is heated without wasting energy.
- Combined heating and cooling capabilities: These systems are the only ones that combine both heating and cooling, allowing the same ductwork that’s used for heating the home to also carry the cool air in the warmer months.