Heating your home in the winter months can be costly. Fortunately, hydronic heating solutions can warm your home in an energy-efficient manner. A & W Plumbing and Heating, Inc. provides radiant heating repair and installation services in the Southern Illinois area.
With our membership plan, enjoy priority service and up to 15% off on additional services. Sign up today!
What Is Hydronic Heating?
When looking for an alternative to a traditional heating unit, consider a hydronic heating system. This is an energy-efficient system that uses tubing to run hot liquid beneath the floor, along baseboards or through radiators to heat your home. This system allows you to efficiently warm your home without needing a forced-air system. The placement of the tubes lets you provide comfort to your home while allowing you to control the heating zones. If you’re not using a space, you don’t have to waste energy to warm that room. This lets the system perform more efficiently, saving energy and saving you money.
How Hydronic Heating Can Save You Money
Hydronic electric baseboard heaters are energy-efficient and cost-efficient methods to warm your house. These systems can save you up to 10 to 30 percent on your monthly utility bills. It does this by:
- Allowing you to reduce the temperature on your thermostat. This type of heating allows the rooms to feel warmer than the requested temperature.
- Heating rooms more evenly. The location of the system warms the entire room, allowing the system to not have to work as hard to pump air throughout the space.
- Eliminating the risk of dust and debris from entering the unit. Because air does not travel through the system, there is no risk of particles getting into the unit and causing efficiency issues.
For improved energy efficiency, consider a forced-air heating system for your home. Call our specialists for honest recommendations!
Benefits of Hydronic Heating
Hydronic heating systems can provide several benefits. In addition to being energy-efficient, other advantages of this system can include:
- Evenly distributed heat, as it comes from all sides of a room.
- Increased efficiency over a forced air system.
- Your home can feel warmer than the actual temperature on the thermostat due to the way the heat moves through the room.
- Low monthly utility bills.
- Less noise than a forced-air system.
- Improved indoor air quality.